A fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant with the ability to work across multiple companies to join our fast-growing team. You will be working within a team in a role that is varied and demanding. There will be interaction with all levels of staff so excellent communication skills are essential. Whilst the primary responsibilities will be on office accounts, this role will also cover all of the duties of the equivalent post dealing with client account, including processing.
• Sales and Purchase ledger duties
• Assist with recording and paying supplier invoices.
• Active involvement in Month End processes
• Act as first point of contact for staff on day to day queries and liaise with Finance Manager when appropriate
• Assist with recording, reconciling and paying staff expense claims
• Monitor the accounts emails and act as first point of contact to deal with queries from Customers and Suppliers, owning the query until resolution.
• Maintain pre-prepayment schedule
• Assisting with ad hoc finance/accounts projects and duties
• Assist the Finance Manager with Supervisory duties as required
• Provide cover for other day to day accounting functions when a member of the team is out of the office and step up when the Finance Manager is out of the office. This would include processing cheque and bank transfer requests, processing client bills, opening closing and withdrawals from designated deposits, transfer of funds from client to office account in payment of bills
• Assist with VAT Returns
• Filing CIS Returns
• Manage payment applications for approved funding
• Manage credit card statements/Monthly Reconciliation
• Perform debt-chasing
• General Data Input
• Must have at least 3 years previous experience in an accounts department performing similar tasks to those described above. Ideally would be ILCA or AAT qualified or part-qualified desirable
• Must understand double entry book-keeping for general recording of financial transactions and in order to deal with any accounting corrections arising from daily book-keeping
• Must have experience of working with accounts for multiple/a group of companies
• Must have experience in the use of Xero
• Must be numerate, and with an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft packages Word, Excel and Outlook and with very good English verbal and communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail when recording financial transactions is essential as is the ability to record all financial transactions in a timely manner and keep the records up to date
• Must have excellent organisational skills, the ability to complete tasks to deadlines and to work outside of normal office hours at month end billing periods
• Ability to prioritise, juggle tasks and use initiative during demanding periods to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and paid in a timely manner
• Ability to work autonomously and to work and co-operate as part of a team, with a positive “can do” attitude whilst at the same time
• Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm
• The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time
If you would like to be a part of the Dynamic team, please send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter to IWantToBe@dynamicnetworksgroup.co.uk
, explaining what you can bring to the business.