As a result of continued expansion, we're looking for an experienced IT support/installations engineer to join our successful, growing team and provide a first class technical service to our expanding customer base.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new department in a fast growing business, where you'll be given support and opportunities to grow as the business grows.
Reporting into the Group CTO, you will be responsible for providing efficient remote/onsite support and installation/migration services to clients located UK-wide.
- Providing efficient and friendly remote and on-site technical support, working within customer SLAs
- PC, laptop, printer, switch, firewall, router and Wi-Fi installations
- Project managing server installations and migrations
- Proactive customer visits and pre-installation meetings
- Strong understanding of (WANs) and (LANs) and their associated technologies
- Strong understanding in supporting a Microsoft environment and have good knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012, or 2016
- Strong understanding Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
- Strong understanding of configuring and installation of various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Strong understanding of subnetting, and IP allocation best practices.
- Strong understanding of hypervisors (HyperV)
- Experience in System Administration with Active Directory / Group Policy
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Desktop environments such as Windows 7/8/10 operating systems
- Strong Understanding of Disaster Recovery Solutions (Veeam, Altaro)
- Microsoft Server MCSE or equivalent
- Experience of working within a Managed Service Provider Environment
- Apple mac experience
We're looking for someone who takes a logical and methodical approach to efficient problem solving/fault finding and also takes great pride in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Strong organisation, communication and technical skills will be required to ensure all projects run smoothly and that any issues are handled efficiently with full customer involvement to help build the great customer relationships we pride ourselves on.